Employer Nomination Visa(186)

Employer Nomination Visa(186)

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.

Those who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in their business can be either highly skilled workers from overseas or highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia.

If the applicant is currently residing or working in Australia on a qualifying visa, they can apply for the ENS (subclass 856) visa [the ENS (subclass 121) visa is for applicants who are outside Australia]. If the applicant held a qualifying visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging an application then that applicant can still be eligible to apply in Australia for ENS also if the applicant do not hold a qualifying visa.

Note : If you do not hold a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 121) visa and lodge your application in Australia, however you must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.

You must pay a non-refundable application charge. The visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.

Australian permanent residents can live and work on a permanent basis. They can study in Australia. They can receive healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. They can access certain social security payments. They can also sponsor people for permanent residence.