EMPLOYER NOMINATION VISA(186)
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.
This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in their business. The employees can be either:
- highly skilled workers from overseas
- highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia
If you are currently living or working in Australia on a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 856) visa. If you do not hold a qualifying visa, you may still be eligible to apply in Australia for ENS if you last held a qualifying visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging an application.
- The ENS (subclass 121) visa is for applicants who are outside Australia.
- If you do not hold a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 121) visa and lodge your application in Australia, however you must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.
- You must pay a non-refundable application charge.
- This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.
Australian permanent residents can:
- live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
- study in Australia at school or university
- receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
- sponsor people for permanent residence.